Equilibrium Radio

Equilibrium Radio
(L-R) Ms. Nee Nee, Kwame Vear, Crys Breezy, DMC & Priest Forever

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

TRIPLE F.A.T GOOSE!- MS. NEE NEE AT FASHION WEEK

My friend Jane (from the Beauty Lounge) invited me to the TRIPLE F.A.T. GOOSE unveiling of their new line. When she told me all I could envision is the abominable snow man goose I had in college (1997/1998- you should have heard what they would scream at me across SUNY Purchase campus when they saw me coming in that coat). So I was hoping to see non-snowman like tailored outer wear. Aside from having a killer sinus headache, I did notice the HIP HOP elements. NO, Little Wayne was not there (I had to find a pic w/ the coat on) Ralph McDaniels was the DJ and Sway from MTV (had his TFG on) opened the show. I think he killed the mood by asking who enjoyed the MTV awards from the night before.

The show begins and.....I'm just a consumer who happens to own a computerized, self sewing, monster sewing machine upon which I know how to use 2 of the 100 stitches and embroidery, but I was hoping for that teen aged "OMG! I GOTTA HAVE THAT" type of feeling. I was partially jamming to the music which could have been louder (if I didn't have a head ache) and being a cranky old lady critic thinking, "That looks like something you can buy off of Jamaica Avenue" and "The coat looks too small for the skinny model and I don't want my writs to be cold if I buy that".

I learned something about Hip Hop and fashion last nite. There seems to be a certain "feeling" in Hip Hop style. It's not classy nor grungy. It's STREET! I can't explain it any more than that. It certainly is worthy of a fashion show but not in the "RunWay" setting. Having a theater back ground, it definitely could have used some subliminal theatrics, but then again I am just a consumer who is probably not in their target market but will not complain if I were to get a TFG for free. I would definitely give it away if it didn't cover my wrists.

No comments: